The Department of Fine and Performing Arts is committed to providing access to all audiences to the best of our ability. We are constantly learning about the needs of our community and hope that you will be part of this process. If you have an accessibility need or concern, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond as soon as possible.
For Patrons with Mobility Needs
- Most DFPA events take place in Mundelein Center which is accessible through its ramped entrances on the south and east side of the building.
- All floors are accessible by elevator and include both single-user and gender segregated wheelchair accessible restrooms.
The Newhart Family Theatre is located on the second floor of Mundelein Center and is accessible by elevator.
- It is equipped with wheelchair accessible seats which can be selected upon purchase. Upon purchasing one of these seats, you will be contacted by Front of House to clarify any additional needs.
Skowronski Music Hall, the Underground Theatre, Studio 409, and Madonna della Strada are all general admission.
- They are all accessible by elevator.
Mundelein Auditorium is located on the first floor of Mundelein.
- It is equipped with wheelchair accessible seats which can be selected upon purchase. Balcony seats are accessible by stairs only.
For Patrons who are D/deaf or Have Hearing Loss
- The Newhart Family Theatre is equipped with a Hearing Induction Loop and can be connected to with a ‘T’ switch on a hearing aid or an Assisted Listening Device, available at coat check at all Newhart performances.
Open Captioning is available for every performance of OUR TOWN this October in the Newhart Family Theatre. Seats within view of open captions can be selected upon purchase.
Sign Language Interpretation is available upon request. Please provide at least a two week notice so we can hire an interpreter.
CART is available for certain events upon request.
For Patrons who are Low-Sighted or Blind
- Large print programs are available upon request.
- Service animals are welcome in all our spaces.
Parking is available in the on-campus parking garage. The DFPA provides a golf cart shuttle to and from the on-campus parking garage.